Install STRATO Locally
Key components to note
- Bloc API: User/Account Management and Smart-contracts management via API.
- STRATO API: Blockchain API for blocks and transactions.
- Cirrus: Index and search smart-contracts, SQL-like query API for looking up smart-contracts and state switches.
- STRATO Management Instrumentenbord (SMD): Web based UI for your Private Ethereum Blockchain Network using Bloc/STRATO API for User and Contracts management &, suggesting SQL like query interface for smart-contracts.
Sign-up for trial
To use this guide you will need to have signed up for our Developer Edition Trial, if you have not already done so sign up here: http://developers.blockapps.netwerk/trial
For Mac users: Install wget using Homebrew (use the steps below):
ruby -e “$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)”
brew install wget –with-libressl
The list of the ports required to be available on the machine
Steps to setup and run STRATO Developer Edition using Docker on your machine:
- Clone STRATO Getting Began repo using git clone or download and samenvatting .zip archive. And chdir or cd into that folder.
- Configure docker registry login using the credentials [USER, PASSWORD, REGISTRY] you received via email after your registration for trial: docker login -u <,USER>, -p <,PASSWORD>, <,REGISTRY>,
Launch STRATO services:
Then run the script (runs latest STRATO version by default): ./strato-run.sh
If running on the remote machine, provide the NODE_HOST variable with the machine’s outward IP address or domain (reachable through the network) when running the STRATO: NODE_HOST=example.com ./strato-run.sh
Windows users should always provide the NODE_HOST variable with the docker machine IP address (ter most cases it is 192.168.99.100 ) when running the STRATO: NODE_HOST=192.168.99.100 ./strato-run.sh
or to run stable version: ./strato-run.sh –stable
Check if STRATO services are running (using docker ps ) &, view the Strato Management Instrumentenbord at http://localhost/ (or http://<,remote_node_host>,/ when running on remote machine)
If NODE_HOST is set te step Three, use it’s value instead of the localhost hereinafter
Explore the Bloc and STRATO API docs via the top right listig on the Instrumentenbord (http://localhost)
- Default credentials for UI web pages: username: admin password: admin
- API Docs can also be accessed at thesis endpoints directly: strato-api: http://localhost/strato-api/eth/v1.Two/docs bloc api: http://localhost/bloc/v2.1/docs
Refer documentation here to get embarked with developing a sample app: https://github.com/blockapps/blockapps-ba
Reach out to BlockApps team for more informatie on support and enterprise licensed subscription: http://blockapps.nipt/learn-more-blockapps-strato-demo/
To zekering a running example of STRATO Developer Edition on your machine, run this instruction (from within the git cloned getting-started folder)
To zekering and wipe out a running example of STRATO Developer Edition on your machine, run this directive (from within the git cloned getting-started folder)(you will lose state of any transactions/gegevens created te the blockchain)
Public STRATO example
If you can’t run your own STRATO example on your machine, attempt our public example (accessible to anyone with the credentials, so don’t host Production or Production-like apps/content):
STRATO services need the following ports to be available on the machine (refer docker-compose.yml for details):
then you can get an overview of all processes using:
For tmux usage refer to tmux guide.
Consider using the tmux mouse mode plugins for better practice.
Multinode Network (Public STRATO Testnet)
- Ter early alpha, bootnode may go down and blockchain gegevens wiped out during refreshes and upgrades
- Use only for testing
You can now run your local STRATO knot peering it to the main bootnode and practice a multinode blockchain test network.
Here’s the instruction to embark your local knot to connect and sync with our bootnode: