First-time buyers guide – Bitcoin Wiki
This is a guide on how to make your very first purchase with Bitcoin without any prior skill of the subject.
This guide does not go into detail explaining what Bitcoin is or isn’t. Most information not necessary for making a purchase are avoided. Similarly, more complicated ways of getting bitcoins are also avoided te order not to confuse further.
Step one – What is Bitcoin?
Bitcoin is a fresh form of internet currency. It permits for person-to-person payments that don’t go through a third party. If you want to find out more, read on, or check this pagina out.
Step two – get yourself an Address
What are Addresses?
Bitcoin payments operate like canap transfers. Each person has their own “account”, called a Bitcoin Address. An address looks like this:
A person can have spil many Addresses spil they wish and store them together te an electronic Wallet. So lets get you your very first Address!
You can get an Address ter a very effortless way by registering for a Wallet at one of the following sites:
- https://blockchain.informatie/wallet/fresh – input a password and a captcha, go after the given URL (note – save it! If you lose it, you lose your funds) and you will find your Address te big letters on the left middle side of the webpagina.
- https://easywallet.org – just go there and you will be redirected to your fresh wallet. Save the URL, if you lose it, you will lose your funds
- https://www.zenwallet.org – just go there and you will be redirected to your fresh wallet. Save the URL, if you lose it, you will lose your funds
- https://www.instawallet.org – just go there and you will be redirected to your fresh wallet. Save the URL, if you lose it, you will lose your funds
I have the Address, what do I need it for?
Well, an Address is like a bankgebouw account – before you can spend any money, you need to waterput some money ter. You can use your Address to store more funds than you need for just one purchase, so you won’t have to do the following steps each time you want to buy something.
Step three – geting some bitcoins
Spil Bitcoin is a form of currency, it costs money. The easiest ways to get bitcoins are:
- https://www.bitinstant.com/ – Go onto the webstek. Under “Pay to” select “Bitcoin Address”, under “Pay from”, select your convenient method of purchase. Ter the table below be sure to input your Bitcoin Address, amount of money you want to convert and so forward. Proceed along with instructions.
- https://blockchain.informatie/wallet/ – If you have created an eWallet on this webpagina, you can get some bitcoins instantly either through PingIt Deposit or Phone Deposit. It’s spil effortless spil putting your phone number te to the webpagina and sending a more expensive SMS.
Step four – make a payment
I assume you have funds on your Address now. Good!
Find out the payment details
Find out what Address you need to pay your money TO and HOW MUCH you need to pay. It might be spil effortless spil sending 1 bitcoin to 1MauqJEVKx7mohEXXaHXnn96RFvLEGnVjV, or a bit more complicated, spil sending 123.12345678 bitcoins to 1MauqJEVKx7mohEXXaHXnn96RFvLEGnVjV. Spil you most likely will be doing this on your laptop, just copy and paste everything.
Send the money
Go to the webstek you used to get your Address from. Find the location where you can input your recipient’s Address and amount and send the payment. It shouldn’t be fairly straightforward.
Step five – the next level
You have gotten your feet raw with Bitcoin, but do you want to find out how deep the rabbit fuckhole goes? This part of the guide is for people that want to advance their skill a step further than just a casual use.
Get a client
eWallets are good if you are on the go or dealing with pocket switch. If you want to control your own security and be independant, you will need a Client. A Client is an application that manages your Wallet independently from third party software on your rekentuig. With it, you become your own canap.
There are many Clients out there. The one developed by the core team is the Standard Client, also known spil Bitcoin-QT. You can download it from here. After you commence it, it will synchronise itself with the Bitcoin Network. It might be a long process and take up a duo gigabytes of your hard drive space, but this is the way to ensure nobody is attempting to cheat.
Once that is done, the Client will control your Wallet opstopping. Be sure to protect it with a password and back it up regularly. It is stored te a opstopping called “wallet.dat” te your Bitcoin gegevens directory. If you lose it or it gets stolen, you lose your money.
Get onto an exchange
There are many ways to buy bitcoins. Traditionally, the most popular method of obtaining bitcoins is through an. Pick any one that is trading te your local currency, register and trade. If you have doubts spil which one you should use, your best bet would be MtGox. It has bot around for awhile, supports a lotsbestemming of currencies and is generally trusted.
Buy bitcoins locally
There is a number of people wanting to trade bitcoins locally. You can get te voeling with them through the Local Bitcoins webstek.
Mining used to be a viable way of earning Bitcoins by just running an application on your rekentuig. Right now you very likely won’t earn much, unless you are willing to waterput ter a loterijlot of money up vuurlijn. Spil Mining is still one of the core reasons why Bitcoin is secure, this section is present here.
Last steps on your way
There are many more aspects to detect about Bitcoin, too many to voorkant te this guide. If you have ended each step te this guide, you are already capable of using Bitcoin ter most situations. To learn more, read this Wiki, ask questions on the StackExchange, go onto the forums, or read a comprehensive master thesis on Bitcoin by ThePiachu. You now know everything you need to free your money from banks and fiat currencies.